Diocesan Financial Aid Application Requirements
To be eligible for Financial Aid from the Diocese of Springfield, you must comply with the following requirements:
- Must attend a Catholic school (home school education and online schools are not eligible).
- Must be enrolled in grades K-12 (Pre-K students are not eligible for Diocesan Financial Aid).
- Must be an active member of a Catholic parish in the Diocese of Springfield. This means that you must be registered, attend weekly Mass regularly and support your parish financially, according to your means.
- Must demonstrate financial need according to the diocesan guidelines.
- Must complete a new financial aid application through FACTS online each year.
Diocesan Financial Aid Application Procedures
- Applications are accepted online through FACTS as of January 1, 2015 for the 2015-2016 school year. Any applications submitted prior to January 1, will not be processed. Please note: Financial Aid is awarded on a first come, first serve basis so it is imperative to submit your application in a timely manner.
- Returning users, enter your username and password. New users, click Register.
- Be sure to send FACTS your 1040 Income Tax Form for 2014 and your W-2 statement(s) for 2014. Please note: If you choose the “I do not file” field, you will now be required to submit documentation of income.
- Currently there is a $30.00 fee to apply for financial aid. Your application is not complete until all documentation is received and the fee is paid. Please note: FACTS can take up to four weeks to process your application.
- Once you have completed the application, please do not make any changes before contacting the Catholic Schools Financial Aid Office.
- Completed FACTS applications will be processed by the Catholic Schools Financial Aid Office beginning March 15, 2015. Our process involves consulting with the pastor with regards to membership, financial support and Mass attendance. This process can take some time so please be sure to speak with your pastor to let him know that you have applied for Diocesan Financial Aid. After pastor consultation, acceptance/denial letters are sent to families.
- Applications will be accepted in FACTS until October 31, 2015 (as long as funds are available).
Click here for additional
about Diocesan Financial Aid
Click here to learn about the
Diocesan Financial Aid Appeal Process
If you have any questions about the Diocesan Financial Aid Application Requirements or Procedures, please don’t hesitate to call the Catholic Schools Financial Aid Office at 413.452.0827 or email@example.com